April 23, 2011

A Week of "Firsts"!

Grace has been saying "Da Da" for quite awhile now. She enjoys shouting it from her jumperoo and she enjoys mumbling it when she's playing on the floor. I hear it a lot during the day...dadadadadadada. It's so cute. It makes me smile. It makes me proud.

Well, on Monday (April 18th), I put Grace into her crib at bedtime. She was awake (again, trying to put her in without rocking her sometimes...it later backfired and I had to rock her). At first, she was just talking and mumbling in there and I was sitting out on the couch. All of a sudden I heard "Mum Mum Mum" coming from her room. She had never made this sound before and I thought for a few minutes that I must just be hearing her wrong. However, after standing by her bedroom door and listening closely, I realized that she was indeed saying "Mum Mum". It was kind of a whiny little mumble, but it was undeniably cute!

Now, I'm sure she has no idea what she's saying (as much as I like to think she does), but I was still very excited about this!!! I had been waiting for the day when she would call me "Mum Mum' and it was just as magical as I had expected! Since Monday, she has been saying it lots, usually when she wants to get my attention or when she tired or cranky. It seems that she says "Da Da" when she's excited and happy and she saves the "Mum Mums" for the fussy times. I'm okay with that. I just love hearing it!

We've had some other new "firsts" this week. Grace has started to play peek-a-boo!!! I did not teach her how to do this and peek-a-boo is not even a game that we play that often. The first time she did it, I thought it was just a fluke, but she has done it several times since. She will pull a blanket over her head and when I ask "Where did Grace go?", she will pull the blanket down with a big smile on her face. Then, she will do it all over again. She finds it highly entertaining (okay, we both do) and will do it for quite awhile. It is SO cute!

Where did Grace go? :)
She has also started to give kisses. Well...I like to pretend that she has started to give kisses. She's pretty inconsistent with this one and will sometimes just try to eat my face, but there have definitely been a number of times when I have asked her for a kiss and she has opened her mouth and leaned in, touching her lips gently to mine (and then usually finishing it off with a huge smile). Again....to die for cuteness!

She hasn't started crawling yet and still doesn't like sitting up very often, but she is rolling all over the place and on the move. The other day we just let her go on the floor and she managed to "shimmy" over to the DVD collection on the TV stand. By the end of it, most of the DVDs were on the floor or in her mouth! She gets SO proud of herself when she does something new. I love it!

I hope everyone had an exciting and excellent week! Enjoy your Easter weekend with your friends and family! xoxo

Happy Easter from our little bunny!

I hope everyone gets to enjoy some good Easter treats!


No comments:

Post a Comment