April 07, 2011

The Clothes Situation!

I have a cranky baby. She only wants to be held, she wakes up screaming half an hour into her naps and she is just plain fussy. She is overtired, but can't seem to stay asleep. Teething? Belly problems? Who knows! It's day 2 of this behaviour and I'm seriously wondering how Moms do it when their babies are like this all the time. I am so thankful for the fact that Grace is normally a pretty happy baby and will entertain herself for hours if I need her to. Hats off to Moms of babies with colic, or Moms with multiples, who never have time to themselves! I seriously don't know how you do it!

On a happy note, Grace played on my bed for half an hour this afternoon so I could sort through my clothes. This is something I had been putting off for obvious reasons (I'm sure you're all with me on this). I didn't want to try on my "skinny clothes" and I was too scared to pack away my "fat clothes". However, my closet and dresser are full of clothes that I never wear, so I decided to go ahead and start organizing!

I started making piles on my bed: maternity clothes, clothes that are too big, clothes that fit and clothes that are still too small. On the floor became a pile of clothes that shouldn't be worn unless absolutely necessary (my husband's old boxers that I wore as pajamas when I was pregnant, ripped t-shirts that I have a hard time throwing away because they're so comfortable...I'm not the only one who keeps this stuff, right?)

I tried on item after item and watched the piles grow! To my surprise, the "too big" pile was much bigger than the "too small" pile. This made me a very happy woman! I bought a couple of pairs of jeans about a month after Grace was born (Thank God, because nothing else went over my hips) and I had great satisfaction in putting them on again. I remember when I bought them that they were snug enough in the belly that my fat still rolled over the top (of course, I had just had a baby). Now, they're too big....sweet satisfaction! :)

My "post baby" jeans! :)
Don't mind the look of me - rough day!

My excitement was short lived when I realized that the smallest pile on the bed was the pile of clothes that fit! Yikes! In November, when I hit that "low" and decided that my body was always going to look that way, I got rid of a bunch of my smaller clothes. I gave some to my family members (I've since taken some back from my Mom, ha ha) and I put a bunch in a bag for Value Village. Oh, how I wish I hadn't done that! Future Moms - DO NOT get rid of any clothes until at least a year after you've had your baby!!!

The sorting is done for now. Hanging in my closet are several shirts that I don't even really like, a lot of hoodies and 8 pairs of dress pants. I'm glad my dress pants fit, but they aren't really appropriate clothing for my daily life right now! My dresser has ONE pair of jeans, a pair of cords, some pajamas and lots of workout clothes and comfy pants (thankfully, I'm okay in that department for now). Most of my summer clothes fit (YAY!), so once summer gets here I'll at least have a few things to wear. What a great wardrobe I have! LOL :)

I've decided that when I win the lottery and can afford to buy myself some clothes, my priorities will be: jeans (I might even get brave and buy ones with a button and zipper), underwear (so mine will stop falling down during workouts), shirts (not too dressy, but not my big t-shirts that I wear to bed) and a bathing suit (my old bikini is out of the question thanks to the stretch marks and loose skin). I'll keep you posted on how the lottery winning goes! :)

In the meantime, I highly recommend that everyone take some time to clean out their closets....it's surprisingly invigorating! Perhaps a little depressing, but fun at the same time! ;)

Eating time has become a "Moment full of Grace" each day! Grace LOVES her food and I am seriously entertained everytime I feed her. She bounces frantically while waiting in her high chair and she cries when I'm done feeding her. I love seeing her try new foods...her expressions are priceless! So far she loves everything except for meat.

She LOVES carrots! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment