April 09, 2011

The Queen of Pictures

I take a lot of pictures...A LOT of pictures. My camera never leaves my purse and all my friends know that if they need a moment documented, I'll be right there with the camera! I have (of course) gotten way worse since Grace was born. Before, I didn't have much to take pictures of. Now, I've got this beautiful little girl that gives me thousands of reasons to take pictures each day! You know how they'll only let you upload 200 pictures to a Facebook album? Well, I pretty much do that every month with pictures of Grace. This girl has 6 big photo albums that are already filled with pictures of her....and she's only 6 months old.

I picked up a big order of pictures yesterday and as I was sorting through them, I started to think about the reasons that I take all of these pictures. It's expensive to print them and it takes a lot of time to get them all into albums in the right order (I'm proud to say that I am completely up to date on this)! :) However, I believe that pictures are important. I will continue to snap away, for a number of reasons....

Pictures capture those smiles that you never want to forget.

They allow you to re-live those life changing moments.
The moment when I met my little girl for the first time.

Pictures force you to look back and see just how much your baby has grown
(otherwise I wouldn't believe she was ever that small).

Pictures capture all of the best expressions!

The most precious candid moments are caught on camera.
Daddy and Grace having a chat while I snuck up with the camera.

Pictures capture all of the little "firsts" that we might otherwise forget about.
Grace's first time in a swing at the park!

They accent every feature of those beautiful little faces.

Pictures allow you to show the world your child's beautiful wardrobe!

Pictures provide comic relief.
Our little gymnast! LOL

I know that these pictures will be prized possessions as my little girl gets older. Someday, I hope to see her face turn red with embarassment as I show her all of the "diaper" pictures that I just couldn't resist!

I'm sure she'll cringe when I show her future husband the nude bath pictures. :)

There is love radiating through the camera when I take these pictures.

And the best thing about pictures?
They provide immediate bragging rights.
I show off Grace's pictures wherever I go.
Why do you think I wrote this post?!
It was an excuse to show off my sweet baby girl. :)

So, next time you want to roll your eyes at somebody for taking too many pictures, just remember all of the reasons that taking pictures is so important! I challenge you to take more pictures. Capture more of those moments...I know you won't regret it! I like to think that Grace will thank me someday for the hundreds of albums filled with pictures of her. :)

2 comments:

  1. she has such a sweet pussy I would love to taste it, do you have more pics?

    ReplyDelete