April 18, 2011

Just a little update...

I'm not writing a full entry right now, but just wanted to update you on a couple of things!

First of all, Happy Monday to everyone! Monday is like any other day of the week to me, since I'm not working! My husband was away all weekend, so I'm actually happy that it's Monday, because it means that he's back. I had a killer cold the last few days and it was hard being a single Mom when I was sick. Thank God for my parents! They watched the baby for me, took me grocery shopping and cleaned up my house. I really don't know what I would do without them!

Grace's sleeping has gotten a little better! She had 2 rough nights where she was up 4 times, but for the most part she is only getting up 1-2 times/night now and she only eats once. Her new thing is that she wakes up a couple of times in the evening (between 8 and 10), but usually puts herself back to sleep. Sometimes I have to go in and give her the soother. Not sure what is causing these wake-ups! Her belly is still bothering her and I am so glad we are going to the doctor this week. She finally pooped last night (sorry if that's TMI for some of you)! We were excited because it had been about 10 days since she had gone and she was miserable. Of course it was in the bathtub again...her new favourite place to go! Will let you know what happens at the doctor on Thursday!

My eating hasn't been so great the last few weeks. I have fallen back into the world of treats. I forgot how much I loved junk food! I'm not going overboard or anything, but I'm definitely eating more than I should be!

I had one of these yesterday: 


Sinful!!! It tasted like a Jos Louis with a creme egg on the inside.
Seriously...so good, but probably not worth the 8g of fat!

I'm still exercising 4-5 times/week, so that's keeping my weight at bay, despite the change in eating. I said that I'd get strict with myself again the minute the number starts to rise on the scale. Fortunately, for some strange reason, the number continues to drop. At my weekly weigh-in this morning, I was 144.6! Hooray! As you may recall, my ultimate goal (that I never thought I'd reach) is 140 (the weight I was when I got married). Only 4.6 lbs to go! Maybe I should stop eating those treats? lol :)

My hubby and I at our wedding - May 2008

Our Mommy fitness class is getting so big! There are supposed to be 48 people there today! Awesome! The whole area of fitness excites me and I love that I can help these ladies, even if it's just in a small way. I've been thinking a lot about it lately and I would absolutely love to get my certification someday so that I can lead fitness classes and actually feel like I'm qualified to do it! I'm not ready for that yet, because I'm not in the shape I need to be, but I know that it's something I'd love to do someday. I really enjoy planning the workouts each time and I love seeing the sweat pouring off the girls as they go through the stations. It's very satisfying to know that I'm helping them to reach their goals, even if it's just in a small way. :)

Spring excites the heck out of me! It's still pretty chilly here, but as long as the sun is shining, I'm happy! I can't wait for it to warm up, so I can get out with the stroller for lots of walks! I'm also excited to get back into my running (I don't think I've gone for a run since 2008! lol). That 5K is looking scarier and scarier, since I haven't started to train at all yet! I have no idea how long I can run for! Will let you know how I do after my first run of the year...could be interesting! :)

Sorry for the random updates, but nothing worth writing a big post about! Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment