May 02, 2011

Uh Oh!

So, as you may recall, I have always said that the first week I gain weight, I will smarten up with the eating (since I've been eating more treats lately).

I also said this last week:
"I dreaded stepping on the scale yesterday (Monday) for my weekly weigh-in, but by some strange miracle, I managed to lose 1 lb (down to 143.6). I'm sure next week's weigh-in will not go so well, because I'm pretty sure the chocolate will be gone by then!"

Well...remember that big basket of Easter candy? It's gone. I also ate Mike's 3 bags of Mini Eggs (pretty sure that totals about 8 bags of Mini Eggs in one week). I figured the week was a write-off, so I may have eaten a couple of bowls of Froot Loops...and a few chips...and a double cheeseburger meal at DQ...and a sundae...and hamburger helper...the list goes on. Needless to say, it was a bad week!

As a result, this is what I saw on the scale this morning:


UH OH!!!! 1 pound gain! Since January 1st, I have weighed myself weekly and I have never gained weight. I have lost as little as .2lbs, but I have NEVER gained! You know what this means...time to smarten up!

I know that the weight gain is 100% my fault, but I'm not going to feel sorry for myself! I'm just going to get back on track. Everyone falls off the wagon sometimes, right? (Please tell me I'm not the only one!) The important thing is to get back on! So...this week I'll only have a few treats, instead of eating my face off every day! I'll let you know how next week's weigh-in goes!

I promise to make a post in the next couple of days that is about something besides my weight! We have an appointment with a pediatrician today, so I'm hoping to get some advice on Grace's belly issues! I've also decided that something needs to be done about Grace's sleep issues. The last few nights it has taken up to 3 hours to get her to sleep and when she wakes up in the middle of the night (which thankfully has only been once lately), it's another long battle (last night she was up from 4am-6am). We haven't decided what to do yet, but something needs to change before we lose our minds! Will keep you updated!

On a side note, we have been one of the lucky finalists chosen in a photo contest on Facebook! We could win a professional photo shoot (which we would LOVE)! If you have Facebook, please vote for us! You first have to "like" Jude Wood Photography and then look for her contest called "Small moments that make your life BIG". When you see our picture, you just "like" it and it counts as a vote! I posted a link to our picture below. We appreciate all the votes we can get! :) Thanks and have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment