May 14, 2011

I am Blessed

Last night we had a family get-together at my aunt's house. It was to celebrate Mother's Day with my grandmother. For the first time in 3 years, all of the grandchildren were there and my grandmother was beaming with pride. She just loves getting us all together!

All of the grandchildren with Nanny and Grampy!


I love my cousins and have always been really close to them, so it was nice to see everyone. Once again, I was reminded of how lucky I am to have my family. When we all get together, it is guaranteed to be a good time. It is loud, the room is often filled with uncontrollable laughter and the happiness is infectious. Did I mention that there is never a shortage of delicious food? :) I always leave family get-togethers with a smile on my face.

Looking at these pictures, I can't help but wonder, "Where did the little kids go?" As you can see, the last 5 grandchildren have been boys. I remember when they were little babies. I babysat them. I changed their diapers. I spent hours playing with them. It makes me sick to see how quickly they're growing up! Wow!

Last night, we got our first "4 Generations" picture. I've been meaning to do this for months, but keep forgetting. So, last night Grace, me, Mom and Nanny got a couple of pictures.

Four Generations of Women!
I am so grateful that Grace is growing up in a big, wonderful family. She has 3 grandfathers, 3 grandmothers and many great-grandparents. When I was growing up, I had a great-grandmother and I remember being so proud of that. I am so happy that Grace not only has grandparents that love her, but great-grandparents that adore her too! Grace tends to "play shy" with my Nanny, but last night she sat with her for a long time, talking to her and playing with her. Nanny was in her glory.

As I said, I feel so blessed to have such a big family. I can't imagine it any other way! When we get together, it's like we've never been apart. Some people would say we're crazy for all of the get-togethers that we have, but it's a great way to catch up and we always enjoy ourselves so much! When I was living away, I always hated to miss the family parties, so I appreciate them a lot more now.

If I had a glass of champagne right now, I would toast my grandparents, because they are at the root of this amazing family. Then I would toast my extended family, because my life would not be the same without you! I'm lucky to have you. Grace is lucky to have you. I am blessed. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment