May 09, 2011

Mommy's Day

Last year I was pregnant on Mother's Day. I remember thinking that I couldn't wait until my first Mother's Day with my little baby. I also couldn't wait to be back with my own Mom (since I was living away at the time and had missed 2 Mother's Days in a row). You see, my Mom is amazing. She is the most supportive, loving and caring person I know. She would do anything for her children. Mom has cheered me on my entire life, whether it be at stepdancing when I was little, or at my university graduation. She has been an incredible role model for me over the years. When I thought about becoming a Mom myself, I knew that I'd be happy if I could be even half the Mom that she is. She was in the delivery room when I had Grace and it was an overwhelming moment to share with each other. Mom loves Grace so much and is such a fantastic Nanny. I don't know what I would do with her. So, Happy Mother's Day to my amazing Mommy! xoxo

Mom and I at my wedding shower - May 2008
May 31, 2008
At Dad's 50th Birthday Party - October 2009
Incredible moment after Grace was born - September 16, 2010

Being a Mommy is the most incredible feeling in the world. My life has changed so much in the past 8 months and I find it hard to imagine what life was like without Grace in it. We have this bond, this connection, that amazes me each day.


How incredible is it that a mere snuggle from her Mommy
can make those tears disappear?


When I look at pictures of us, I'm beaming in all of them! I am so in love with my baby girl and it shows in my expressions. See the goofy grin on my face? I can't help it! :)


I've wanted to be a Mommy since I was a little girl. It's something I've dreamed about and longed for. I always said that I would have all of my kids by the time I was 30! Since I'm 27 this year, I do not see that happening anymore, but I am glad that I started relatively young. I just couldn't wait any longer! Motherhood is even better than I expected! My house may be a disaster most of the time, you may find teethers under the couch and if you drop in to see me before noon, chances are I'll still be in my pajamas. Grace doesn't care what I look like and I no longer worry about what people think of me. My goal is to make her happy and to make her life the absolute best that it can be. She is my focus every day. She is the reason I get out of bed. She is my life.


Not everyone has the opportunity to be a Mommy and I am so thankful that I have been given this beautiful gift, a happy, healthy baby. To all the Moms out there, I hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment