May 19, 2011

I Love Today!

Do you ever have one of those days when everything just seems to go right? Today was one of those days for me. First of all, I woke up feeling rested for once. Last night, Grace slept 10 hours straight, ate and went back down for 3 more hours. We were both happy when we woke up. To top it off, the sun was shining and I could hear the birds chirping outside. Since it's been raining for almost 2 weeks, this was a very nice change of pace! :)

I jumped on the scale this morning (I hadn't been on it since Monday) and the number that I saw brought tears to my eyes. After months of hard work, there it was...my ultimate goal weight. The scale said 139.7. Seriously? OMG!!! Sheer excitement! I weighed 139 on my wedding day almost 3 years ago. I stayed at that weight for a mere 2 days and then slipped back into the 140's. I never made it back into the 130's. So, imagine my excitement this morning when I saw that number on the scale. I was STOKED! I actually jumped up and down in the bathroom, with Grace looking at me like I was crazy! I'm proud of myself (something that doesn't happen very often). I feel like I worked really hard to get to this point and I really hope I can stay here. My goal now is to maintain this weight. That being said, I'm still not small by any means, so if I lose a few more pounds, it wouldn't be a bad thing. I feel fantastic though! I feel strong. I feel healthy. I feel energized. I feel powerful. What a way to start your day, eh? :)

This afternoon, Sherri, Jill and I went for a walk with the babies! The sun was shining, it was 21 degrees and it was gorgeous! It's amazing how much better you feel after a little vitamin D!

Abigail, Harrison and Grace all ready for a walk on the trail!

Sherri and I with our babies in their strollers! :)
We walked for about an hour. It was so hot that I could feel the sweat trickling down my back. I loved every minute of it! We headed to the park for a little playtime after our walk - so much fun!

The babies got some time in the swings.


There was some fun to be had on the slides!


They got to play in the grass for the first time.


There were cuddles and pictures as always!


I got home and felt fantastic! I LOVE the sun and I love the summer! Yay! Grace was in a great mood all day too - I think she enjoyed the weather!

This evening, we had outdoor bootcamp. The last 2 sessions took place outside in the rain and cold temperatures. I'm talking layers of clothes, winter hats and gloves! Tonight was the opposite. We were sweating right from the beginning. When I was finished, I was soaked in sweat and my face was redder than I think it's ever been. I loved it! It felt so good to be outside. I also realized that I got a sunburn today...probably should have been wearing sunscreen. First sunburn of the season! :)

This is what I looked like after bootcamp! Can you say RED?!
So, forgive me for bragging, but my day was pretty friggin' awesome! My fingers are crossed for more sunshine and happiness tomorrow! :)

1 comment:

  1. Loved it! I had such a great day too. You look amazing - CONGRATS again on reaching your ultimate goal! Love you! xo

    ReplyDelete