July 19, 2011

Routine? What?

As you have probably gathered from my previous posts, Grace has never been much of a sleeper. We would have to fight to get her to sleep and the battle was often longer than the nap itself! She was on no set routine, waking at a different time each day with naps all over the place.

About 2 weeks ago, I noticed that Grace was starting to put herself into somewhat of a schedule. She was waking up at roughly the same time each day (around 7am) and was ready for her naps at around the same time. Even more shocking is that her body seems to know exactly how much sleep she needs now! Her naps are an hour and a half every time...usually right down to the minute!

Grace's afternoon nap is at about 1:00, meaning that she is up at 2:30. She gets tired again around 4:00, but I don't let her have another nap, because it makes bedtime WAY easier. Most nights now, she has her bath around 6:30 and is asleep by 7:00ish. I put her in the crib awake and she puts herself to sleep....most nights (nobody's perfect, right?). Remember how Grace used to wake up 2-4 times each night? She now only wakes up once (usually around 5am) and some nights she sleeps right through. It has been incredible!

Now, I know as well as any other Mom that things can change very quickly. Just when you think that things are good, something changes and your baby starts waking up through the night again. So...I'm going to cherish every night of good sleep and every day of routine! :)

I don't follow a set routine to the minute and things get bumped around a bit depending on our plans, but here is the general routine that Grace now follows! I just have to do this, because it makes me happy to be able to type it...

Grace's Daily Routine:
7:00am - wake up
8:00am - breakfast
9:00am to 10:30am - nap
12:00pm - lunch
1:00pm to 2:30pm - nap
5:00pm - supper
6:30pm - bath, milk and cuddles :)
7:00pm - sleep

Hmm...I wonder how long this will last? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment