July 13, 2011

My Baby Girl is Growing Up!

My baby girl is growing up so fast. I remember how in the beginning she was perfectly happy to sleep in my arms most of the day. She would snuggle up with Mike or I, would lay with us for hours and would pretty much only wake up to eat.


Then she went through a stage where she wanted to be laying on her back all the time. She would kick her little legs and let out little squeals and babbles.


Eventually she started rolling over, moving around more and "talking" up a storm. I watch in amazement every day as she learns to do new things. I find it incredibly fascinating to see her personality develop. Grace has so much personality. She is starting to copy our actions and sounds and she screams to get people's attention when they're not looking at her (even if it's a random stranger in the grocery store)! She is a social butterfly without a doubt! She has the biggest, most beautiful smile I have ever seen. It lights up the room!


This past month has been full of milestones! On June 13, Grace got her first tooth and her second followed last week. Just when I thought she couldn't get any cuter... :)

She has started to give kisses (although she likes to tease her Daddy, leaning in for a kiss and then pushing his face away, ha ha). She flaps her arms wildly when I say "Yay, Grace" and bangs her hands on her high chair tray when she wants more food. She waves "Hi" and "Bye Bye" and particularly enjoys waving at "the baby in the mirror". She shakes her head "No" and clucks her tongue, laughing at the sound!

Waving at her reflection in the microwave!

Clucking her tongue!
Grace loves eating and is an excellent "finger food" eater. She loves feeding herself and I introduce her to as many new foods as I can. Her favourite food is still her cereal! :)

Having her first Arrowroot cracker!
She has started to move around the room A LOT! She has mastered the "army crawl", pulling herself along with her arms and pushing off with her feet. This gets her where she wants go quite fast! Our living room always looks like a tornado went through it, but that's okay. It's lived it. It's cozy. Yesterday Grace started sitting up from a lay down position. She does it from her belly, scooting back until she can sit up. As a result, her crib has been moved down (another sign that my "baby" is getting way too big)!

Sitting up in her crib! :)

Backed herself under the couch!
I know it is only a matter of months before she'll be crawling (the real way)...and then standing...and then walking. I love seeing her do these new things. She gets so proud of herself! It always makes me sad though to think of how quickly she is growing up. Before we know it, it'll be her first birthday.

Words can't explain how much I love this little girl. She makes me laugh every single day. I can't even remember what life was like before she came into it. I will continue to celebrate her achievements, even though they make me a little bit sad as well! I love you, Grace! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment