March 24, 2011

What is a "Moment full of Grace"?

So, I've decided to write a blog. I'm one of those people that always has a lot to say. I update my Facebook status more than once a day and I still have more to tell everyone! What better way to share it than with a blog? My best friend started a blog a few months ago and I became addicted to checking it each day! You will quickly realize that most of my posts will be about Mommyhood. Since giving birth to my daughter 6 months ago, my life has revolved around being a Mommy. Therefore, if you have no interest in babies or the struggles/successes of being a new Mom, my blog will probably bore the heck out of you! I WILL have grammar mistakes, some of my ramblings will not make sense and half the time they'll be words missing, because I'll be typing and breastfeeding at the same time! I hope you can look past that and still enjoy the posts! :)

To start, I'd like to explain the title of my blog. On September 16, 2010, my husband and I welcomed our little girl into the world. She came out kicking and screaming, weighing 6lbs 11oz and measuring 22 inches. We named her Grace. We realized that it was a highly popular name, but we had loved it for years and it suited her from the beginning (thank God, because we already had her name hanging in the nursery, lol)!


In the past 6 months I have learned a lot as a new Mom. I've made mistakes (tons of them), I've gotten low on patience, I've sat in the rocking chair and cried with her when I couldn't figure out what was wrong and I've wanted to pull my hair out on more than one occasion. I think we've all had moments like this. I will no doubt be making posts about moments like that from time to time. However, my goal is to focus my posts on what I'm going to call "Moments full of Grace". If you're a Mom, you've experienced these moments. They are the moments when the world seems to disappear around you and nothing matters except for your child. No matter what is going on in your life at that moment, it all becomes okay. Like the first time your baby is placed in your arms after birth, the first time they smile at you and the first fit of giggles. How about the time that you were having a bad day and your baby reached up and touched your face at just the right moment? Or, the way that those little arms squeeze around your neck? Those precious moments are what I'm going to call "Moments full of Grace". Often times, these moments bring tears to my eyes and I can't help but feel grateful for what I have. I wonder if our babies know how powerful they are?

That smile can always brighten my day!

I invite you to follow my blog and experience these moments with me. Post your "Moments full of Grace" - I would love to read them! Like I said, my blog will not only be about these moments, but I will try to end each post with a "Moment full of Grace", so that I end on a positive note (even if my post is about the fact that my beloved Grace refuses to sleep)! :)

Thanks for reading! I look forward to sharing my life with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment