June 16, 2011

Brrrrrr!!!

One of my favourite things about PEI is the beaches. They are breathtaking. I could spend the whole summer at the beach. I love the feeling of the sand between my toes. I love the smell of sunscreen. I love the sound of waves crashing. In past summers, I would spend countless hours laying in the sand with the sun beating down on me. I would get excited as my skin turned a golden brown (I do wear sunscreen, but I tan very easily and sure do love a good summer tan).



As a teacher, I am very lucky to have the summers off (I think teachers need that break to re-group and get their sanity back, lol). I was especially excited about this summer, because it's Grace's first summer and I can't wait to get her to the beach.

Here's the thing...the weather sucks these days. There's no other way to put it. It just plain sucks. We have the odd nice, sunny day and then it is followed by a week of rain or freezing cold temperatures. This week has been especially cold. On Tuesday, I took Grace to Mike's ball game and the wind was so cold that we couldn't stay. I had 3 layers on and would have worn mitts and a hat if I had them. Poor Grace had so many layers on that she could hardly move and her little hands were still freezing.

Is this how I'm supposed to dress in June?
Last night, it was so cold in our house that I had to crank the heat. Grace wore her flannel sleeper to bed, I wore my flannel pajama pants and we broke out some extra blankets. This isn't supposed to be the case in June. We're supposed to be at the beach!!!

Excuse me for being bitter about the weather. I've just had enough of it. Time for some warmth and sunshine. Now, excuse me, but I have to go put some socks on. My feet are freezing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment