June 11, 2011

Bathtime Buddies

A couple of months ago, I decided to have my first bath with Grace. I had been skeptical about it. Honestly, I wasn't sure if it was weird or not. Was it creepy to have a bath with my baby? I decided that it was worth trying. I mean, she came from inside of me and there's nothing weirder than that, right?! Turns out, we both loved it and I now try to squeeze in a bath with her once a week or so. It's great on nights when Mike isn't home and we both need to have a bath. It's an easy way to kill two birds with one stone!


Grace loves the fact that the water is deeper than usual and that she can splash her Mommy and get a reaction!


I love the fact that it's easier to hold onto her and not as hard on my back as leaning over the tub! It's easier to clean her too! We both love the extra playtime and the extra snuggles.



It is such a relaxing time and we're always in there way longer than I planned. Tonight she was super tired and she even laid down on my chest and rested for a little while (something that she rarely does anymore). So special. :)
Sorry for the partially nude photo.
I figured it was no worse than a bathing suit picture!

There's just something about laying there in a warm bubble bath with your baby in your arms. It doesn't feel weird. It doesn't feel creepy. It just feels right. :)

Getting out is always a bit of a challenge, because I need to get dressed before she gets cold. She almost always waits patiently in her vibrating chair while I get dressed though! :)


Then it's off to her bedroom for a lotion massage, a story, a feeding and some snuggles before bed.

All ready for bed!
I give you total permission to judge me and find it weird that I bath with my baby. However, if you haven't done it before, I recommend trying it. It's just one more way to squeeze in some extra bonding time. I figure that I need to take advantage of all these special moments while I have the chance, because they grow WAY too fast! So, I will continue to relax in the suds with my baby girl on my chest. :)

1 comment:

  1. I take baths with Xavier! Good times :)

    ReplyDelete